Mar 13, 2011, 10:59 AM EST
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun caught up with Troy Crosby, who denied Bob McCown’s claims. Crosby’s father simply said that his family is just trying to get him healthy again, noting that “However long that takes, that’s how long it’s going to take.”
This backs up the refutations offered by Crosby’s agent Pat Brisson, which we noted two days ago. Brisson also said that he’s making progress, but there is “no time table” for his return.
One final note: for those of you starving for any morsels of information regarding his status, Hockey Night in Canada’s Cassie Campbell notes that Crosby has been “shooting in [the] Pens’ shooting gallery” but hasn’t resumed skating just yet. We’ll keep you updated about his status, which still clearly seems in limbo (even if he’s far from quitting forever at this point).
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28