Mar 13, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun caught up with Troy Crosby, who denied Bob McCown’s claims. Crosby’s father simply said that his family is just trying to get him healthy again, noting that “However long that takes, that’s how long it’s going to take.”
This backs up the refutations offered by Crosby’s agent Pat Brisson, which we noted two days ago. Brisson also said that he’s making progress, but there is “no time table” for his return.
One final note: for those of you starving for any morsels of information regarding his status, Hockey Night in Canada’s Cassie Campbell notes that Crosby has been “shooting in [the] Pens’ shooting gallery” but hasn’t resumed skating just yet. We’ll keep you updated about his status, which still clearly seems in limbo (even if he’s far from quitting forever at this point).
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25