Mar 13, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It’s not very often that a save in the middle a 3-goals-against barrage proves to be important, but without Ondrej Pavelec’s huge save on James van Riemsdyk the Thrashers may not have been able to make their improbable comeback. Van Riemsdyk had time and made a great move to go against the grain and get it over Pavelec’s pad—but he wasn’t able to beat the glove. The save and win were huge for the Thrashers who are only 4 points out of the final playoff spot in the East.
Take a look, wonder how things could have been different in Philadelphia if this goes in, and enjoy.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 49
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 1
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)