Mar 13, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It’s not very often that a save in the middle a 3-goals-against barrage proves to be important, but without Ondrej Pavelec’s huge save on James van Riemsdyk the Thrashers may not have been able to make their improbable comeback. Van Riemsdyk had time and made a great move to go against the grain and get it over Pavelec’s pad—but he wasn’t able to beat the glove. The save and win were huge for the Thrashers who are only 4 points out of the final playoff spot in the East.
Take a look, wonder how things could have been different in Philadelphia if this goes in, and enjoy.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1