Mar 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Sooner or later we’ll stop including goals from Pavel Datsyuk. Sooner or later we’ll just accept those as the norm—but not yet. When he goes through an entire opposing team to bury a beautiful goal, we have to pay the man some respect. On a day with 10 games across the NHL, Datsyuk dangled around the defense and made jaws drop all over Scottrade Center. The 3rd period goal turned out to be the game-winner; and was the second game in a row he scored the deciding goal for the Red Wings.
Honorary mention: Joel Ward’s beautiful goal against the Colorado Avalanche.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 5
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)