Mar 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Sooner or later we’ll stop including goals from Pavel Datsyuk. Sooner or later we’ll just accept those as the norm—but not yet. When he goes through an entire opposing team to bury a beautiful goal, we have to pay the man some respect. On a day with 10 games across the NHL, Datsyuk dangled around the defense and made jaws drop all over Scottrade Center. The 3rd period goal turned out to be the game-winner; and was the second game in a row he scored the deciding goal for the Red Wings.
Honorary mention: Joel Ward’s beautiful goal against the Colorado Avalanche.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 44
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)