Mar 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Sooner or later we’ll stop including goals from Pavel Datsyuk. Sooner or later we’ll just accept those as the norm—but not yet. When he goes through an entire opposing team to bury a beautiful goal, we have to pay the man some respect. On a day with 10 games across the NHL, Datsyuk dangled around the defense and made jaws drop all over Scottrade Center. The 3rd period goal turned out to be the game-winner; and was the second game in a row he scored the deciding goal for the Red Wings.
Honorary mention: Joel Ward’s beautiful goal against the Colorado Avalanche.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)