Mar 12, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
You’re already thinking, “Why are you picking a play where a goal was scored for save of the night. Goals aren’t saves you moron!” Yeah, we know that Matt Hendricks scored on Cam Ward on this play, but his initial save of Jason Arnott‘s mini-breakaway was highlight-worthy.
If ever you wish a goalie didn’t have to take blame for a goal, it’s this time around as Hurricanes defensemen Jay Harrison and Tim Gleason stood idly by as Hendricks shoveled home what proved to be the game winner. It’s all right Cam, we’ve got your back on this one.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54