Mar 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In the game of the night, Torrey Mitchell basically went through the entire Vancouver Canucks team to tie the game late in the 3rd period. Little did fans know there would still be two more goals in regulation, an exciting overtime session, and a shootout still to come. As Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda said during the Sharks broadcast, not only was this a highlight-reel goal, it was probably Mitchell’s career highlight.
Congratulations Mr. Mitchell, your performance wins our goal of the night.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5