Mar 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In the game of the night, Torrey Mitchell basically went through the entire Vancouver Canucks team to tie the game late in the 3rd period. Little did fans know there would still be two more goals in regulation, an exciting overtime session, and a shootout still to come. As Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda said during the Sharks broadcast, not only was this a highlight-reel goal, it was probably Mitchell’s career highlight.
Congratulations Mr. Mitchell, your performance wins our goal of the night.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39