Mar 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In the game of the night, Torrey Mitchell basically went through the entire Vancouver Canucks team to tie the game late in the 3rd period. Little did fans know there would still be two more goals in regulation, an exciting overtime session, and a shootout still to come. As Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda said during the Sharks broadcast, not only was this a highlight-reel goal, it was probably Mitchell’s career highlight.
Congratulations Mr. Mitchell, your performance wins our goal of the night.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11