Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dan Ellis did the amazing last night against the Rangers. As Brandon Dubinsky was perched in the slot seemingly ready to turn a 3-1 Ducks lead at the time into a 3-2 lead, Ellis came out of nowhere to bat Dubinsky’s shot away to his Ducks teammates.
As the play headed the other way, Bobby Ryan was able to capitalize and beat Henrik Lundqvist to make the score 4-1 as the Ducks went on to beat New York 5-2. Ellis’ miraculous stop on Dubinsky was the catalyst and the sort of save you see in highlight reels. Hey, we’ve got a highlight reel right here! Ellis’ game-altering save proved to be an instant momentum changer and ended the Rangers hopes of getting back in the game.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 1
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 94
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (91)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)