Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dan Ellis did the amazing last night against the Rangers. As Brandon Dubinsky was perched in the slot seemingly ready to turn a 3-1 Ducks lead at the time into a 3-2 lead, Ellis came out of nowhere to bat Dubinsky’s shot away to his Ducks teammates.
As the play headed the other way, Bobby Ryan was able to capitalize and beat Henrik Lundqvist to make the score 4-1 as the Ducks went on to beat New York 5-2. Ellis’ miraculous stop on Dubinsky was the catalyst and the sort of save you see in highlight reels. Hey, we’ve got a highlight reel right here! Ellis’ game-altering save proved to be an instant momentum changer and ended the Rangers hopes of getting back in the game.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 5
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29