Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dan Ellis did the amazing last night against the Rangers. As Brandon Dubinsky was perched in the slot seemingly ready to turn a 3-1 Ducks lead at the time into a 3-2 lead, Ellis came out of nowhere to bat Dubinsky’s shot away to his Ducks teammates.
As the play headed the other way, Bobby Ryan was able to capitalize and beat Henrik Lundqvist to make the score 4-1 as the Ducks went on to beat New York 5-2. Ellis’ miraculous stop on Dubinsky was the catalyst and the sort of save you see in highlight reels. Hey, we’ve got a highlight reel right here! Ellis’ game-altering save proved to be an instant momentum changer and ended the Rangers hopes of getting back in the game.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)