Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dan Ellis did the amazing last night against the Rangers. As Brandon Dubinsky was perched in the slot seemingly ready to turn a 3-1 Ducks lead at the time into a 3-2 lead, Ellis came out of nowhere to bat Dubinsky’s shot away to his Ducks teammates.
As the play headed the other way, Bobby Ryan was able to capitalize and beat Henrik Lundqvist to make the score 4-1 as the Ducks went on to beat New York 5-2. Ellis’ miraculous stop on Dubinsky was the catalyst and the sort of save you see in highlight reels. Hey, we’ve got a highlight reel right here! Ellis’ game-altering save proved to be an instant momentum changer and ended the Rangers hopes of getting back in the game.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)