Mar 10, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
New Blues power forward Chris Stewart has developed into quite the cult hero already in St. Louis and his efforts in last night’s 4-3 overtime win over Columbus will be the sort of thing the locals would write songs about if this were the 1930s.
Instead, the highlight of his game-winning goal in which he turns Grant Clitsome inside-out and then beats Mathieu Garon with an improbable backhand will have to suffice as the modern version of legend creating. With us bestowing him with our goal of the night honor we can only figure his rise to super stardom is well on its way.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4