Mar 10, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
As the schedule winds down and the pressure picks up, any injury has a huge effect on how things go. The Flyers losing Chris Pronger for tonight’s game against Toronto will be even tougher to overcome.
According to CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio, Pronger will be out of tonight’s game with a hand injury. Taking Pronger’s spot in the lineup will be recent acquisition Nick Boynton. Boynton plays a physical brand of hockey as well, but he’s no Pronger.
Philadelphia recently snapped a four game losing streak with a win over Edmonton on Tuesday night, but dealing with a Maple Leafs team that’s been a lot better of late will be a different sort of animal to handle. Doing so without Pronger gives guys like Phil Kessel and Mikhail Grabovski a bit more room on the ice to find their way to the net.
Injuries are all part of the game, obviously, but this one comes at a rough time for Philly as their lead in the Eastern Conference is down to just two points over the Washington Capitals and their lead in the Atlantic Division is just two over the Pittsburgh Penguins. It doesn’t sound as if Pronger’s injury is too serious, but every point makes a big difference down the stretch.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)