Mar 10, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
As the schedule winds down and the pressure picks up, any injury has a huge effect on how things go. The Flyers losing Chris Pronger for tonight’s game against Toronto will be even tougher to overcome.
According to CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio, Pronger will be out of tonight’s game with a hand injury. Taking Pronger’s spot in the lineup will be recent acquisition Nick Boynton. Boynton plays a physical brand of hockey as well, but he’s no Pronger.
Philadelphia recently snapped a four game losing streak with a win over Edmonton on Tuesday night, but dealing with a Maple Leafs team that’s been a lot better of late will be a different sort of animal to handle. Doing so without Pronger gives guys like Phil Kessel and Mikhail Grabovski a bit more room on the ice to find their way to the net.
Injuries are all part of the game, obviously, but this one comes at a rough time for Philly as their lead in the Eastern Conference is down to just two points over the Washington Capitals and their lead in the Atlantic Division is just two over the Pittsburgh Penguins. It doesn’t sound as if Pronger’s injury is too serious, but every point makes a big difference down the stretch.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)