Mar 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you’ve only followed the Boston Bruins during this season – or simply missed last year – then you might have a low opinion of backup Tuukka Rask. In 2009-10, Rask came in for a struggling Tim Thomas to power the team to a hard-fought playoff spot while simultaneously leaving Toronto Maple Leafs fans with bitter feelings that the team swapped him for next to nothing.
After that outstanding rookie campaign, Rask’s struggles have combined with the astounding brilliance of Thomas to keep the Finnish goalie planted on the bench. Even when he’s getting equal time, he’s less likely to earn this award because he plays a more conventional style than his floptastic rotation mate.
Yet once you watch this video, it should be clear that Rask is capable of making some beauties of his own … even if Tuesday wasn’t a great night for him or the Bruins overall.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)