Mar 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you’ve only followed the Boston Bruins during this season – or simply missed last year – then you might have a low opinion of backup Tuukka Rask. In 2009-10, Rask came in for a struggling Tim Thomas to power the team to a hard-fought playoff spot while simultaneously leaving Toronto Maple Leafs fans with bitter feelings that the team swapped him for next to nothing.
After that outstanding rookie campaign, Rask’s struggles have combined with the astounding brilliance of Thomas to keep the Finnish goalie planted on the bench. Even when he’s getting equal time, he’s less likely to earn this award because he plays a more conventional style than his floptastic rotation mate.
Yet once you watch this video, it should be clear that Rask is capable of making some beauties of his own … even if Tuesday wasn’t a great night for him or the Bruins overall.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (91)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)