Mar 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you’ve only followed the Boston Bruins during this season – or simply missed last year – then you might have a low opinion of backup Tuukka Rask. In 2009-10, Rask came in for a struggling Tim Thomas to power the team to a hard-fought playoff spot while simultaneously leaving Toronto Maple Leafs fans with bitter feelings that the team swapped him for next to nothing.
After that outstanding rookie campaign, Rask’s struggles have combined with the astounding brilliance of Thomas to keep the Finnish goalie planted on the bench. Even when he’s getting equal time, he’s less likely to earn this award because he plays a more conventional style than his floptastic rotation mate.
Yet once you watch this video, it should be clear that Rask is capable of making some beauties of his own … even if Tuesday wasn’t a great night for him or the Bruins overall.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32