Mar 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you’ve only followed the Boston Bruins during this season – or simply missed last year – then you might have a low opinion of backup Tuukka Rask. In 2009-10, Rask came in for a struggling Tim Thomas to power the team to a hard-fought playoff spot while simultaneously leaving Toronto Maple Leafs fans with bitter feelings that the team swapped him for next to nothing.
After that outstanding rookie campaign, Rask’s struggles have combined with the astounding brilliance of Thomas to keep the Finnish goalie planted on the bench. Even when he’s getting equal time, he’s less likely to earn this award because he plays a more conventional style than his floptastic rotation mate.
Yet once you watch this video, it should be clear that Rask is capable of making some beauties of his own … even if Tuesday wasn’t a great night for him or the Bruins overall.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (74)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)