Mar 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Maybe this is an overly optimistic viewpoint, but it seems like everyone stumbles upon horrible (but secretly satisfying) puns in their own ways.
When I heard that Erik Condra‘s two goals powered the Ottawa Senators past the New Jersey Devils last night, my first instinct was to make “Contra” jokes. (Somehow I didn’t make some reference to a “spread gun” of goals, though. For that, I apologize. My biggest question is if anyone’s used “Walking Condradiction” though …)
Yet the punmasters at NHL.com made their own adventure with the little-known forward’s last name, opting for an “Anaconda/AnaCondra” pun. To be honest, I didn’t see that pun-based passing lane, but they did. So I tip my cap to them, while you can tip your caps to Condra, who produced the March 8th Goal of the Night.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22