Mar 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Maybe this is an overly optimistic viewpoint, but it seems like everyone stumbles upon horrible (but secretly satisfying) puns in their own ways.
When I heard that Erik Condra‘s two goals powered the Ottawa Senators past the New Jersey Devils last night, my first instinct was to make “Contra” jokes. (Somehow I didn’t make some reference to a “spread gun” of goals, though. For that, I apologize. My biggest question is if anyone’s used “Walking Condradiction” though …)
Yet the punmasters at NHL.com made their own adventure with the little-known forward’s last name, opting for an “Anaconda/AnaCondra” pun. To be honest, I didn’t see that pun-based passing lane, but they did. So I tip my cap to them, while you can tip your caps to Condra, who produced the March 8th Goal of the Night.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46