Mar 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Maybe this is an overly optimistic viewpoint, but it seems like everyone stumbles upon horrible (but secretly satisfying) puns in their own ways.
When I heard that Erik Condra‘s two goals powered the Ottawa Senators past the New Jersey Devils last night, my first instinct was to make “Contra” jokes. (Somehow I didn’t make some reference to a “spread gun” of goals, though. For that, I apologize. My biggest question is if anyone’s used “Walking Condradiction” though …)
Yet the punmasters at NHL.com made their own adventure with the little-known forward’s last name, opting for an “Anaconda/AnaCondra” pun. To be honest, I didn’t see that pun-based passing lane, but they did. So I tip my cap to them, while you can tip your caps to Condra, who produced the March 8th Goal of the Night.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)