Mar 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Maybe this is an overly optimistic viewpoint, but it seems like everyone stumbles upon horrible (but secretly satisfying) puns in their own ways.
When I heard that Erik Condra‘s two goals powered the Ottawa Senators past the New Jersey Devils last night, my first instinct was to make “Contra” jokes. (Somehow I didn’t make some reference to a “spread gun” of goals, though. For that, I apologize. My biggest question is if anyone’s used “Walking Condradiction” though …)
Yet the punmasters at NHL.com made their own adventure with the little-known forward’s last name, opting for an “Anaconda/AnaCondra” pun. To be honest, I didn’t see that pun-based passing lane, but they did. So I tip my cap to them, while you can tip your caps to Condra, who produced the March 8th Goal of the Night.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 45
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)