Mar 9, 2011, 1:55 PM EST
After missing almost a month’s worth of games with concussion symptoms, it sounds like Brad Richards might be back for the Dallas Stars tonight, according to Defending Big D and other reports. Coach Marc Crawford said that he is “scheduled” to play against the Calgary Flames.
Richards missed 10 games with post-concussion syndrome, making the much-reported trade scenarios that much more complicated. Of course, Richards eventually needs to play or the Stars will look pretty silly for balking at a trade (at least if he leaves Dallas as many expect).
No doubt about it, Richards is the greatest offensive catalyst for this team. The Stars went 5-4-1 in his absence, although they’ve gone 5-0-1 after dropping their first four games without the world-class playmaker.
It might be best to consider Richards a “game-time decision” since there seemed to be at least an outside chance he might have a setback. Crawford sent some mixed messages about how Richards would be integrated, first saying “if he’s in, he’s in” but later admitting that he probably won’t receive his typical amount of ice time.
The fifth-place Stars have been playing well lately, but naturally would love to reinforce their team with Richards. The margin of error is paper-thin, so they must get him back into the lineup without missing a beat.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)