Mar 9, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
After missing almost a month’s worth of games with concussion symptoms, it sounds like Brad Richards might be back for the Dallas Stars tonight, according to Defending Big D and other reports. Coach Marc Crawford said that he is “scheduled” to play against the Calgary Flames.
Richards missed 10 games with post-concussion syndrome, making the much-reported trade scenarios that much more complicated. Of course, Richards eventually needs to play or the Stars will look pretty silly for balking at a trade (at least if he leaves Dallas as many expect).
No doubt about it, Richards is the greatest offensive catalyst for this team. The Stars went 5-4-1 in his absence, although they’ve gone 5-0-1 after dropping their first four games without the world-class playmaker.
It might be best to consider Richards a “game-time decision” since there seemed to be at least an outside chance he might have a setback. Crawford sent some mixed messages about how Richards would be integrated, first saying “if he’s in, he’s in” but later admitting that he probably won’t receive his typical amount of ice time.
The fifth-place Stars have been playing well lately, but naturally would love to reinforce their team with Richards. The margin of error is paper-thin, so they must get him back into the lineup without missing a beat.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 5
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)