Mar 8, 2011, 2:04 AM EDT
For a recap of the Capitals’ big shootout win against the Lightning, click here. Let’s take a look at Monday’s other two games.
Ben Bishop steered the Blues to victory, only allowing one goal on 20 shots after relieving Ty Conklin (who was pulled after allowing three goals on only eight shots). It was a wild first period with six goals scored, as the Blue Jackets built a 3-1 lead only to have it end 3-3 at the end of the opening frame.
Andy McDonald scored two goals and one goal in the shootout while Patrik Berglund had a goal and an assist for St. Louis and Rick Nash provided two assists plus a shootout goal in a losing effort for Columbus.
The real stars of the game might have been Red Berenson, Garry Unger, Joe Mullen and Keith Tkachuk, as those players were honored for being greats who wore No. 7 during their days in St. Louis.
After looking like they might fade out of the playoffs without Brad Richards, the Stars are showing their resilience in winning five of their last six games (often in dramatic fashion).
This was one of those dramatic games, as Jamie Benn once again came up big (maybe he’s a better option than James Neal after all?) by scoring the tying goal. Brenden Morrow came up with the game winner 38 seconds into overtime.
The Stars are in fifth place with 79 points (their two games in hand over sixth place the Flames) while the Kings are stuck in eighth with 77.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)