Mar 8, 2011, 2:04 AM EST
For a recap of the Capitals’ big shootout win against the Lightning, click here. Let’s take a look at Monday’s other two games.
Ben Bishop steered the Blues to victory, only allowing one goal on 20 shots after relieving Ty Conklin (who was pulled after allowing three goals on only eight shots). It was a wild first period with six goals scored, as the Blue Jackets built a 3-1 lead only to have it end 3-3 at the end of the opening frame.
Andy McDonald scored two goals and one goal in the shootout while Patrik Berglund had a goal and an assist for St. Louis and Rick Nash provided two assists plus a shootout goal in a losing effort for Columbus.
The real stars of the game might have been Red Berenson, Garry Unger, Joe Mullen and Keith Tkachuk, as those players were honored for being greats who wore No. 7 during their days in St. Louis.
After looking like they might fade out of the playoffs without Brad Richards, the Stars are showing their resilience in winning five of their last six games (often in dramatic fashion).
This was one of those dramatic games, as Jamie Benn once again came up big (maybe he’s a better option than James Neal after all?) by scoring the tying goal. Brenden Morrow came up with the game winner 38 seconds into overtime.
The Stars are in fifth place with 79 points (their two games in hand over sixth place the Flames) while the Kings are stuck in eighth with 77.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 0
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)