Mar 8, 2011, 2:04 AM EST
For a recap of the Capitals’ big shootout win against the Lightning, click here. Let’s take a look at Monday’s other two games.
Ben Bishop steered the Blues to victory, only allowing one goal on 20 shots after relieving Ty Conklin (who was pulled after allowing three goals on only eight shots). It was a wild first period with six goals scored, as the Blue Jackets built a 3-1 lead only to have it end 3-3 at the end of the opening frame.
Andy McDonald scored two goals and one goal in the shootout while Patrik Berglund had a goal and an assist for St. Louis and Rick Nash provided two assists plus a shootout goal in a losing effort for Columbus.
The real stars of the game might have been Red Berenson, Garry Unger, Joe Mullen and Keith Tkachuk, as those players were honored for being greats who wore No. 7 during their days in St. Louis.
After looking like they might fade out of the playoffs without Brad Richards, the Stars are showing their resilience in winning five of their last six games (often in dramatic fashion).
This was one of those dramatic games, as Jamie Benn once again came up big (maybe he’s a better option than James Neal after all?) by scoring the tying goal. Brenden Morrow came up with the game winner 38 seconds into overtime.
The Stars are in fifth place with 79 points (their two games in hand over sixth place the Flames) while the Kings are stuck in eighth with 77.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 29
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (151)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)