Mar 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Last night’s Washington Capitals-Tampa Bay Lightning game was a surprisingly bruising affair, without much of the finesse one would expect from a game featuring players such as Alex Ovechkin, Steven Stamkos, Alexander Semin and Martin St. Louis.
In fact, it wasn’t until the shootout – when no one could restrain his offensive skills – that Ovechkin could show off his world-class skills. He scored the only shootout goal to win the game for Washington and also earn the March 7th Goal of the Night.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25