Mar 8, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Only the staunchest Alex Ovechkin haters are unhappy to see the return of the “Old Ovechkin.” OK, maybe he’s not quite at his former 100+ point level – or perhaps the Washington Capitals’ lean toward defense might keep him wrapped up a bit – but that sense of danger is back.
Ovechkin scored the Goal of the Week for February 28-March 6th, as you can see from the poll results below.
Check out video footage of the winner in this clip.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6