Mar 8, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Only the staunchest Alex Ovechkin haters are unhappy to see the return of the “Old Ovechkin.” OK, maybe he’s not quite at his former 100+ point level – or perhaps the Washington Capitals’ lean toward defense might keep him wrapped up a bit – but that sense of danger is back.
Ovechkin scored the Goal of the Week for February 28-March 6th, as you can see from the poll results below.
Check out video footage of the winner in this clip.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5