Mar 7, 2011, 2:59 AM EST
Washington 3 – Florida 2 (F/OT)
If nothing else, the Capitals are getting good at stealing wins in games where they should really roll over their opponents. Alexander Semin scored 48 seconds into overtime to give the Caps a win that puts them back in first place in the Southeast Division. It was typically worrisome for the Caps though as David Booth‘s power play goal with under three minutes to play in the third period tied things up. Michal Neuvirth held strong in this one stopping 32 shots to get the win. Scott Clemmensen stopped 22 in the loss for Florida.
Buffalo 3 – Minnesota 2 (F/OT)
No Ryan Miller in this one but no problem for Jhonas Enroth who got the start instead for Buffalo. Enroth stopped 24 shots while Drew Stafford again came up clutch scoring 46 seconds into overtime to give the Sabres a much needed victory. Andrej Sekera had two assists while Rob Niedermayer and Jason Pominville also added goals for Buffalo. Jose Theodore was a hard luck loser for Minnesota after making 30 saves. The win temporarily vaults Buffalo into the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference, one point ahead of Carolina. Minnesota is in a three-way tie for ninth in the Western Conference with Anaheim and Nashville with 75 points.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11