Mar 7, 2011, 2:59 AM EDT
Washington 3 – Florida 2 (F/OT)
If nothing else, the Capitals are getting good at stealing wins in games where they should really roll over their opponents. Alexander Semin scored 48 seconds into overtime to give the Caps a win that puts them back in first place in the Southeast Division. It was typically worrisome for the Caps though as David Booth‘s power play goal with under three minutes to play in the third period tied things up. Michal Neuvirth held strong in this one stopping 32 shots to get the win. Scott Clemmensen stopped 22 in the loss for Florida.
Buffalo 3 – Minnesota 2 (F/OT)
No Ryan Miller in this one but no problem for Jhonas Enroth who got the start instead for Buffalo. Enroth stopped 24 shots while Drew Stafford again came up clutch scoring 46 seconds into overtime to give the Sabres a much needed victory. Andrej Sekera had two assists while Rob Niedermayer and Jason Pominville also added goals for Buffalo. Jose Theodore was a hard luck loser for Minnesota after making 30 saves. The win temporarily vaults Buffalo into the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference, one point ahead of Carolina. Minnesota is in a three-way tie for ninth in the Western Conference with Anaheim and Nashville with 75 points.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1