Mar 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When Alexander Semin was out of the lineup for Washington, it was clear his offensive presence was missed. While he’s been back for a couple weeks now, he’s been slow to get back his goal-scoring touch. The Florida Panthers and Scott Clemmensen were hoping he could go one more game without finding it.
Semin and Marcus Johansson combined on a beautiful give-and-go at the half boards in overtime against the Panthers that saw Semin rip a beauty of a shot past Clemmensen to win the game for the Caps and put them into a slim lead in the Southeast Division.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5