Mar 6, 2011, 3:44 PM EST
During today’s second intermission, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury spoke with Liam McHugh with their thoughts on what’s going on in the Southeast Division. Mike gave his take on what he likes about what the Lightning have done from the very top of the organization on down. From owner Jeff Vinnik down to GM Steve Yzerman on down to coach Guy Boucher, Mike likes everything that they’re doing in Tampa Bay.
Pierre focuses in on the Washington Capitals and he likes how they’re playing tougher defensively. Pierre also raves about the play of Alexander Ovechkin’s fire behind his play. Mike and Pierre also discuss one thing they’d like to see change with how Ovechkin is used in D.C.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5