Mar 6, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist has had his fill of the Flyers the last two seasons. After last year’s shootout loss that cost the Rangers a playoff spot, Lundqvist is determined to not let the same thing happen again this season.
This season, Lundqvist has been stellar and the Flyers got a healthy dose of that this afternoon as he earned his ninth shutout of the season, 33rd in his career in a 7-0 Rangers romp. Still, the memories of last season’s failure linger on for both Lundqvist and the rest of the team and with that sort of motivation pushing them, the Rangers hope to not have a repeat performance of that this season.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5