Mar 6, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist has had his fill of the Flyers the last two seasons. After last year’s shootout loss that cost the Rangers a playoff spot, Lundqvist is determined to not let the same thing happen again this season.
This season, Lundqvist has been stellar and the Flyers got a healthy dose of that this afternoon as he earned his ninth shutout of the season, 33rd in his career in a 7-0 Rangers romp. Still, the memories of last season’s failure linger on for both Lundqvist and the rest of the team and with that sort of motivation pushing them, the Rangers hope to not have a repeat performance of that this season.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11