Mar 6, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist has had his fill of the Flyers the last two seasons. After last year’s shootout loss that cost the Rangers a playoff spot, Lundqvist is determined to not let the same thing happen again this season.
This season, Lundqvist has been stellar and the Flyers got a healthy dose of that this afternoon as he earned his ninth shutout of the season, 33rd in his career in a 7-0 Rangers romp. Still, the memories of last season’s failure linger on for both Lundqvist and the rest of the team and with that sort of motivation pushing them, the Rangers hope to not have a repeat performance of that this season.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54