Mar 6, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist has had his fill of the Flyers the last two seasons. After last year’s shootout loss that cost the Rangers a playoff spot, Lundqvist is determined to not let the same thing happen again this season.
This season, Lundqvist has been stellar and the Flyers got a healthy dose of that this afternoon as he earned his ninth shutout of the season, 33rd in his career in a 7-0 Rangers romp. Still, the memories of last season’s failure linger on for both Lundqvist and the rest of the team and with that sort of motivation pushing them, the Rangers hope to not have a repeat performance of that this season.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22