Mar 6, 2011, 2:56 PM EDT
Claude Giroux‘s emergence in Philadelphia this season has been a long time coming. Giroux was drafted in the first round by the Flyers back in 2006. In an era when first round picks often join their NHL clubs immediately after being drafted, Giroux took his time in becoming a go-to guy in Philly.
Last year saw Giroux have a breakout season and he’s only improved on that this season. He improved so much he was named to the All-Star Game and he leads the high-scoring Flyers in points this season. Now that he’s carved his way into the forefront of discussion about the Flyers perhaps he can now get former Flyers GM Bobby Clarke to remember what his first name is.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53