Mar 6, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like the John Tavares Goal of the Night win, this was a tough call. Maybe it’s the nature of the beast since there are 11 games and therefore at least 22 goalies in action (not counting backups who received playing time, obviously), but there were some great choices.
Yet Jimmy Howard‘s tough kick save against Martin Hanzal earned the March 5th Save of the Night. The Phoenix Coyotes eventually solved Howard and the Detroit Red Wings with a big come-from-behind win, but Howard showed why he looks to be Detroit’s goalie of the present and short-term future with this stop.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63