Mar 6, 2011, 1:46 AM EST
For a recap of the Islanders win against the Blues and Sabres-Flyers game, click here. This post details the Canucks’ win against the Kings. Here’s the biggest chunk of recaps, with the evening games covered in this article. Finally, let’s take a look at the last two games.
The Stars have made San Jose a second home of sorts, winning 11 of their last 16 games at the Shark Tank. They turned the knife a little deeper tonight, ending the Sharks’ eight-game winning streak with this Dallas win.
Jamie Benn scored a goal and an assist, Loui Eriksson provided a tally and Jason Williams notched the game winner for Dallas, while Patrick Marleau and Kyle Wellwood scored for the Sharks. Kari Lehtonen earned his 27th win of the season while Antti Niemi finally lost for San Jose.
While the Sharks remain seated at No. 1 in the Pacific Division and third in the West at 82 points, the Stars moved into a sixth place tie with the Calgary Flames (Dallas currently has the tie-breaker since they have two games in hand). You can almost call any Stars win big at this point, but still, this one seemed a little sweeter.
The Oilers have been like their Eastern Conference cousins in Long Island, as both Edmonton and the Islanders are doing an admirable job playing for pride … even if such a practice might hurt their lottery pick situation. The Oilers are now 7-3-0 in their last 10 games, while the Avalanche continue their belly flop to end the season. Colorado probably won’t slip behind Edmonton for the bottom spot in the West, as they have six more points and one game in hand, but the Oil might finish the season with more positive vibes.
Moving away from the big picture stuff, Sam Gagner scored one goal and two assists while Devan Dubnyk made 33 saves for the Oilers. The two teams are moving in different directions. Maybe Edmonton’s way is better?
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 5
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)