Mar 6, 2011, 1:46 AM EDT
For a recap of the Islanders win against the Blues and Sabres-Flyers game, click here. This post details the Canucks’ win against the Kings. Here’s the biggest chunk of recaps, with the evening games covered in this article. Finally, let’s take a look at the last two games.
The Stars have made San Jose a second home of sorts, winning 11 of their last 16 games at the Shark Tank. They turned the knife a little deeper tonight, ending the Sharks’ eight-game winning streak with this Dallas win.
Jamie Benn scored a goal and an assist, Loui Eriksson provided a tally and Jason Williams notched the game winner for Dallas, while Patrick Marleau and Kyle Wellwood scored for the Sharks. Kari Lehtonen earned his 27th win of the season while Antti Niemi finally lost for San Jose.
While the Sharks remain seated at No. 1 in the Pacific Division and third in the West at 82 points, the Stars moved into a sixth place tie with the Calgary Flames (Dallas currently has the tie-breaker since they have two games in hand). You can almost call any Stars win big at this point, but still, this one seemed a little sweeter.
The Oilers have been like their Eastern Conference cousins in Long Island, as both Edmonton and the Islanders are doing an admirable job playing for pride … even if such a practice might hurt their lottery pick situation. The Oilers are now 7-3-0 in their last 10 games, while the Avalanche continue their belly flop to end the season. Colorado probably won’t slip behind Edmonton for the bottom spot in the West, as they have six more points and one game in hand, but the Oil might finish the season with more positive vibes.
Moving away from the big picture stuff, Sam Gagner scored one goal and two assists while Devan Dubnyk made 33 saves for the Oilers. The two teams are moving in different directions. Maybe Edmonton’s way is better?
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 2
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 0
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 14
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)