Mar 6, 2011, 12:13 PM EST
When we discussed the reasons why the Philadelphia Flyers have been struggling, bigger picture issues like a lack of hunger, scoring and finishing ability were cited. Yet there’s one everyday issue that is plaguing the Flyers’ locker room: the sniffles.
OK, it’s actually the flu, but the sniffles sounds funnier.
Tim Panaccio writes that the flu problems began a few weeks ago when Mike Richards went down with it. Jeff Carter is currently one of its victims, as he already missed a game and is expected to miss today’s game against the New York Rangers, also according to Panaccio.
The Flyers have a deep well of talented forwards – even if they’re not producing much offense lately – so theoretically, Philly can bounce back from this problem. Still, losing Carter’s relentless shooting instincts will undoubtedly hurt.
(Oh, on a not-that-important note, the road Flyers will wear their typical home orange jerseys while the Rangers will wear white jerseys. Interesting, eh?)
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)