Mar 6, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
When we discussed the reasons why the Philadelphia Flyers have been struggling, bigger picture issues like a lack of hunger, scoring and finishing ability were cited. Yet there’s one everyday issue that is plaguing the Flyers’ locker room: the sniffles.
OK, it’s actually the flu, but the sniffles sounds funnier.
Tim Panaccio writes that the flu problems began a few weeks ago when Mike Richards went down with it. Jeff Carter is currently one of its victims, as he already missed a game and is expected to miss today’s game against the New York Rangers, also according to Panaccio.
The Flyers have a deep well of talented forwards – even if they’re not producing much offense lately – so theoretically, Philly can bounce back from this problem. Still, losing Carter’s relentless shooting instincts will undoubtedly hurt.
(Oh, on a not-that-important note, the road Flyers will wear their typical home orange jerseys while the Rangers will wear white jerseys. Interesting, eh?)
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires