Mar 6, 2011, 12:13 PM EST
When we discussed the reasons why the Philadelphia Flyers have been struggling, bigger picture issues like a lack of hunger, scoring and finishing ability were cited. Yet there’s one everyday issue that is plaguing the Flyers’ locker room: the sniffles.
OK, it’s actually the flu, but the sniffles sounds funnier.
Tim Panaccio writes that the flu problems began a few weeks ago when Mike Richards went down with it. Jeff Carter is currently one of its victims, as he already missed a game and is expected to miss today’s game against the New York Rangers, also according to Panaccio.
The Flyers have a deep well of talented forwards – even if they’re not producing much offense lately – so theoretically, Philly can bounce back from this problem. Still, losing Carter’s relentless shooting instincts will undoubtedly hurt.
(Oh, on a not-that-important note, the road Flyers will wear their typical home orange jerseys while the Rangers will wear white jerseys. Interesting, eh?)
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)