Mar 6, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
When we discussed the reasons why the Philadelphia Flyers have been struggling, bigger picture issues like a lack of hunger, scoring and finishing ability were cited. Yet there’s one everyday issue that is plaguing the Flyers’ locker room: the sniffles.
OK, it’s actually the flu, but the sniffles sounds funnier.
Tim Panaccio writes that the flu problems began a few weeks ago when Mike Richards went down with it. Jeff Carter is currently one of its victims, as he already missed a game and is expected to miss today’s game against the New York Rangers, also according to Panaccio.
The Flyers have a deep well of talented forwards – even if they’re not producing much offense lately – so theoretically, Philly can bounce back from this problem. Still, losing Carter’s relentless shooting instincts will undoubtedly hurt.
(Oh, on a not-that-important note, the road Flyers will wear their typical home orange jerseys while the Rangers will wear white jerseys. Interesting, eh?)
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)