Mar 6, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Some nights, there aren’t really any great choices for the best goal. Saturday provided plenty, although it came down to two great backhand scores by Philadelphia Flyers youngster James van Riemsdyk and second year New York Islanders center John Tavares. (Both, by the way, went really high in their respective drafts.)
As great as JVR’s goal was, we will have to go with this amazing display by Tavares. Check it out below and feel free to debate its merit vs. JVR’s in the comments (because it was definitely a tough call). For the sake of debate and entertainment, the amazing JVR goal is underneath the Tavares tally.
JVR’s runner up:
It’s still tough to say, right?
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11