Mar 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The New York Rangers scored two goals in 12 seconds to blow the game open against the Ottawa Senators on Friday night. Mats Zuccarello scored a nice goal about 6 minutes into the 2nd period, but it was the second goal of the two goal explosion that was our winner. Off the ensuing faceoff, Anisimov received a pass, showed power to get to the front of the net, and showed off some sweet hands as he buried the puck behind Craig Anderson. It’s flashes like these that make Rangers fans giddy for the future.
(Note: Anisimov goal starts at 0:33)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5