Mar 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The New York Rangers scored two goals in 12 seconds to blow the game open against the Ottawa Senators on Friday night. Mats Zuccarello scored a nice goal about 6 minutes into the 2nd period, but it was the second goal of the two goal explosion that was our winner. Off the ensuing faceoff, Anisimov received a pass, showed power to get to the front of the net, and showed off some sweet hands as he buried the puck behind Craig Anderson. It’s flashes like these that make Rangers fans giddy for the future.
(Note: Anisimov goal starts at 0:33)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7