Mar 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The New York Rangers scored two goals in 12 seconds to blow the game open against the Ottawa Senators on Friday night. Mats Zuccarello scored a nice goal about 6 minutes into the 2nd period, but it was the second goal of the two goal explosion that was our winner. Off the ensuing faceoff, Anisimov received a pass, showed power to get to the front of the net, and showed off some sweet hands as he buried the puck behind Craig Anderson. It’s flashes like these that make Rangers fans giddy for the future.
(Note: Anisimov goal starts at 0:33)
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8