Mar 4, 2011, 12:49 AM EST
The Edmonton rookie did a little bit of everything in the Oilers 4-2 win over the Blue Jackets. He had a goal, an assist, a couple of shots, and was a plus 2 in just over 9 minutes of play on his way to 1st Star of the Game honors. But on top of the usual exploits fans in Edmonton have gotten used to, Taylor Hall got into his first NHL fight when he dropped the gloves with Derek Dorsett. Unfortunately at the end of the fight, Hall landed awkwardly on his left ankle and missed the rest of the game.
Hall is expected to have an MRI tomorrow to find out what kind of damage he did to his ankle. The Oilers’ rookie delivered a check to Matt Calvert and had Derek Dorsett chase him around the ice until Hall engaged. Even though it’s tough to see a superstar player injured and possibly miss time because of a fight, you have to give it up to Hall for standing up for himself after Dorsett went after him.
We expected Taylor Hall to deliver hat tricks. We expected highlight reel goals. But who expected a Gordie Howe hat-trick only 5 months into his career?
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 31
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)