Mar 4, 2011, 12:49 AM EST
The Edmonton rookie did a little bit of everything in the Oilers 4-2 win over the Blue Jackets. He had a goal, an assist, a couple of shots, and was a plus 2 in just over 9 minutes of play on his way to 1st Star of the Game honors. But on top of the usual exploits fans in Edmonton have gotten used to, Taylor Hall got into his first NHL fight when he dropped the gloves with Derek Dorsett. Unfortunately at the end of the fight, Hall landed awkwardly on his left ankle and missed the rest of the game.
Hall is expected to have an MRI tomorrow to find out what kind of damage he did to his ankle. The Oilers’ rookie delivered a check to Matt Calvert and had Derek Dorsett chase him around the ice until Hall engaged. Even though it’s tough to see a superstar player injured and possibly miss time because of a fight, you have to give it up to Hall for standing up for himself after Dorsett went after him.
We expected Taylor Hall to deliver hat tricks. We expected highlight reel goals. But who expected a Gordie Howe hat-trick only 5 months into his career?
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 1
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)