Mar 4, 2011, 12:49 AM EDT
The Edmonton rookie did a little bit of everything in the Oilers 4-2 win over the Blue Jackets. He had a goal, an assist, a couple of shots, and was a plus 2 in just over 9 minutes of play on his way to 1st Star of the Game honors. But on top of the usual exploits fans in Edmonton have gotten used to, Taylor Hall got into his first NHL fight when he dropped the gloves with Derek Dorsett. Unfortunately at the end of the fight, Hall landed awkwardly on his left ankle and missed the rest of the game.
Hall is expected to have an MRI tomorrow to find out what kind of damage he did to his ankle. The Oilers’ rookie delivered a check to Matt Calvert and had Derek Dorsett chase him around the ice until Hall engaged. Even though it’s tough to see a superstar player injured and possibly miss time because of a fight, you have to give it up to Hall for standing up for himself after Dorsett went after him.
We expected Taylor Hall to deliver hat tricks. We expected highlight reel goals. But who expected a Gordie Howe hat-trick only 5 months into his career?
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 0
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5