Mar 4, 2011, 12:49 AM EDT
The Edmonton rookie did a little bit of everything in the Oilers 4-2 win over the Blue Jackets. He had a goal, an assist, a couple of shots, and was a plus 2 in just over 9 minutes of play on his way to 1st Star of the Game honors. But on top of the usual exploits fans in Edmonton have gotten used to, Taylor Hall got into his first NHL fight when he dropped the gloves with Derek Dorsett. Unfortunately at the end of the fight, Hall landed awkwardly on his left ankle and missed the rest of the game.
Hall is expected to have an MRI tomorrow to find out what kind of damage he did to his ankle. The Oilers’ rookie delivered a check to Matt Calvert and had Derek Dorsett chase him around the ice until Hall engaged. Even though it’s tough to see a superstar player injured and possibly miss time because of a fight, you have to give it up to Hall for standing up for himself after Dorsett went after him.
We expected Taylor Hall to deliver hat tricks. We expected highlight reel goals. But who expected a Gordie Howe hat-trick only 5 months into his career?
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)