Mar 4, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
What a tough decision tonight. Almost any other night Jose Theodore’s sprawling save on Ryan Callahan would easily be the save of the night. But James Reimer was able to flash the glove to stop a point blank shot by Danny Briere from the middle of the slot. That save just happened to be with 20 seconds left in a 1-goal game. As if all of that wasn’t enough, the puck bounces off the top of the net and would have dropped onto the goal line if it wasn’t for Reimer’s second save on the play.
Can’t really go wrong either way—but we’ll go with Reimer’s stop simply because it saved the victory for the Leafs.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11