Mar 3, 2011, 1:44 PM EST
Forgive us for sounding like broken records, but the latest news on Sidney Crosby is that – while coach Dan Bylsma says he’s “getting better” – there really hasn’t been much tangible progress for the Pittsburgh Penguins’ concussed star.
He could be back in a month, deep into the playoffs or possibly not again until the 2011-12 season.
That’s the nature of the beast with concussions, but give the Penguins credit. A less patient team might try to rush him back, but the franchise seems to understand the importance of protecting his health. Besides, with Evgeni Malkin out for the season, the team’s ceiling is lower anyway. So why run the risk of the 23-year-old center becoming the next Eric Lindros or Marc Savard when he could have 15 years or more of hockey left in front of him?
Anyway, there’s still no time table for Crosby’s return. We’ll let you know if the team releases any more conclusive information regarding his concussion situation.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)