Mar 3, 2011, 1:44 PM EST
Forgive us for sounding like broken records, but the latest news on Sidney Crosby is that – while coach Dan Bylsma says he’s “getting better” – there really hasn’t been much tangible progress for the Pittsburgh Penguins’ concussed star.
He could be back in a month, deep into the playoffs or possibly not again until the 2011-12 season.
That’s the nature of the beast with concussions, but give the Penguins credit. A less patient team might try to rush him back, but the franchise seems to understand the importance of protecting his health. Besides, with Evgeni Malkin out for the season, the team’s ceiling is lower anyway. So why run the risk of the 23-year-old center becoming the next Eric Lindros or Marc Savard when he could have 15 years or more of hockey left in front of him?
Anyway, there’s still no time table for Crosby’s return. We’ll let you know if the team releases any more conclusive information regarding his concussion situation.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)