Mar 2, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
It rarely feels right to make excuses – especially since injuries are such a big part of the game – but when a friend asked me about the St. Louis Blues’ season, I couldn’t help but gravitate toward the team’s issues. After all, they’ve seen important players such as David Perron, Jaroslav Halak and TJ Oshie miss significant time with a variety of ailments.
The injury bug has bitten lower-level members of the team too, which brings us to center Vladimir Sobotka. The team announced that the center has been placed on the injured reserve today.
Sobotka is reportedly dealing with a left foot injury that might sideline him for a few weeks. The 23-year-old forward scored a career-high 24 points (six goals and 18 assists) in 58 games this season for St. Louis.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5