Mar 2, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
It rarely feels right to make excuses – especially since injuries are such a big part of the game – but when a friend asked me about the St. Louis Blues’ season, I couldn’t help but gravitate toward the team’s issues. After all, they’ve seen important players such as David Perron, Jaroslav Halak and TJ Oshie miss significant time with a variety of ailments.
The injury bug has bitten lower-level members of the team too, which brings us to center Vladimir Sobotka. The team announced that the center has been placed on the injured reserve today.
Sobotka is reportedly dealing with a left foot injury that might sideline him for a few weeks. The 23-year-old forward scored a career-high 24 points (six goals and 18 assists) in 58 games this season for St. Louis.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35