Mar 2, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
It rarely feels right to make excuses – especially since injuries are such a big part of the game – but when a friend asked me about the St. Louis Blues’ season, I couldn’t help but gravitate toward the team’s issues. After all, they’ve seen important players such as David Perron, Jaroslav Halak and TJ Oshie miss significant time with a variety of ailments.
The injury bug has bitten lower-level members of the team too, which brings us to center Vladimir Sobotka. The team announced that the center has been placed on the injured reserve today.
Sobotka is reportedly dealing with a left foot injury that might sideline him for a few weeks. The 23-year-old forward scored a career-high 24 points (six goals and 18 assists) in 58 games this season for St. Louis.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25