Mar 2, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
It rarely feels right to make excuses – especially since injuries are such a big part of the game – but when a friend asked me about the St. Louis Blues’ season, I couldn’t help but gravitate toward the team’s issues. After all, they’ve seen important players such as David Perron, Jaroslav Halak and TJ Oshie miss significant time with a variety of ailments.
The injury bug has bitten lower-level members of the team too, which brings us to center Vladimir Sobotka. The team announced that the center has been placed on the injured reserve today.
Sobotka is reportedly dealing with a left foot injury that might sideline him for a few weeks. The 23-year-old forward scored a career-high 24 points (six goals and 18 assists) in 58 games this season for St. Louis.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)