Mar 2, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
It rarely feels right to make excuses – especially since injuries are such a big part of the game – but when a friend asked me about the St. Louis Blues’ season, I couldn’t help but gravitate toward the team’s issues. After all, they’ve seen important players such as David Perron, Jaroslav Halak and TJ Oshie miss significant time with a variety of ailments.
The injury bug has bitten lower-level members of the team too, which brings us to center Vladimir Sobotka. The team announced that the center has been placed on the injured reserve today.
Sobotka is reportedly dealing with a left foot injury that might sideline him for a few weeks. The 23-year-old forward scored a career-high 24 points (six goals and 18 assists) in 58 games this season for St. Louis.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)