Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Buffalo Sabres and New York Rangers played an intense game in which both teams went all-out in front of their world-class goalies. When it came to Buffalo in particular, there was no doubt how big this game was to them, as they fought the Rangers every step of the way.
It makes sense, then, that Ryan Miller saved the day for the team he means so much to. Thanks to a friendly bounce, Mats Zuccarello found himself in front of the Sabres’ net with plenty of time to take a great shot, but Miller was game. He made the Save of the Night and Jochen Hecht poked away the second chance to secure the victory in the game’s final minute.
If they make this playoffs, people will point to the clip as an example of why they managed to get into the East’s top eight.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)