Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Buffalo Sabres and New York Rangers played an intense game in which both teams went all-out in front of their world-class goalies. When it came to Buffalo in particular, there was no doubt how big this game was to them, as they fought the Rangers every step of the way.
It makes sense, then, that Ryan Miller saved the day for the team he means so much to. Thanks to a friendly bounce, Mats Zuccarello found himself in front of the Sabres’ net with plenty of time to take a great shot, but Miller was game. He made the Save of the Night and Jochen Hecht poked away the second chance to secure the victory in the game’s final minute.
If they make this playoffs, people will point to the clip as an example of why they managed to get into the East’s top eight.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12