Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Buffalo Sabres and New York Rangers played an intense game in which both teams went all-out in front of their world-class goalies. When it came to Buffalo in particular, there was no doubt how big this game was to them, as they fought the Rangers every step of the way.
It makes sense, then, that Ryan Miller saved the day for the team he means so much to. Thanks to a friendly bounce, Mats Zuccarello found himself in front of the Sabres’ net with plenty of time to take a great shot, but Miller was game. He made the Save of the Night and Jochen Hecht poked away the second chance to secure the victory in the game’s final minute.
If they make this playoffs, people will point to the clip as an example of why they managed to get into the East’s top eight.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32