Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Buffalo Sabres and New York Rangers played an intense game in which both teams went all-out in front of their world-class goalies. When it came to Buffalo in particular, there was no doubt how big this game was to them, as they fought the Rangers every step of the way.
It makes sense, then, that Ryan Miller saved the day for the team he means so much to. Thanks to a friendly bounce, Mats Zuccarello found himself in front of the Sabres’ net with plenty of time to take a great shot, but Miller was game. He made the Save of the Night and Jochen Hecht poked away the second chance to secure the victory in the game’s final minute.
If they make this playoffs, people will point to the clip as an example of why they managed to get into the East’s top eight.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 46
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39