Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Buffalo Sabres and New York Rangers played an intense game in which both teams went all-out in front of their world-class goalies. When it came to Buffalo in particular, there was no doubt how big this game was to them, as they fought the Rangers every step of the way.
It makes sense, then, that Ryan Miller saved the day for the team he means so much to. Thanks to a friendly bounce, Mats Zuccarello found himself in front of the Sabres’ net with plenty of time to take a great shot, but Miller was game. He made the Save of the Night and Jochen Hecht poked away the second chance to secure the victory in the game’s final minute.
If they make this playoffs, people will point to the clip as an example of why they managed to get into the East’s top eight.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)