Mar 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Let me make this plain and simple: if you cannot sit back and enjoy this clip, then something is wrong with you. In what was “only” his 25th goal of the season, Alex Ovechkin showed why he’s the most electrifying player in hockey by scoring a beautiful overtime game winner against the Islanders last night.
Ovechkin’s league leading ninth game winning goal also was the best March 2nd had to offer. Enjoy.
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 0
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 42
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13