Mar 1, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
In the latest Save of the Week showdown, it came down to two goalies who are consistent fixtures for the award: Marc-Andre Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Niklas Backstrom from the Minnesota Wild.
Ultimately, Fleury managed to narrowly edge his Finnish counterpart, as you can see from the poll results.
(click to enlarge)
Check out Fleury’s save in the video clip below.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36