Mar 1, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
In the latest Save of the Week showdown, it came down to two goalies who are consistent fixtures for the award: Marc-Andre Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Niklas Backstrom from the Minnesota Wild.
Ultimately, Fleury managed to narrowly edge his Finnish counterpart, as you can see from the poll results.
(click to enlarge)
Check out Fleury’s save in the video clip below.
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 3
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 24
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 93
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 35
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (93)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)