Mar 1, 2011, 8:06 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
In the latest Save of the Week showdown, it came down to two goalies who are consistent fixtures for the award: Marc-Andre Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Niklas Backstrom from the Minnesota Wild.
Ultimately, Fleury managed to narrowly edge his Finnish counterpart, as you can see from the poll results.
(click to enlarge)
Check out Fleury’s save in the video clip below.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)