Feb 28, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Winchester through 57 games this year for the Blues has nine goals and five assists. He’s also got 86 penalty minutes while averaging just over 10 minutes of ice time per game.
The Ducks have been unhappy with Maxim Lapierre since acquiring him from Montreal and Winchester’s toughness should fit the bill in Anaheim just fine. The Ducks move to get tougher and deeper along the forward lines is obvious and should they make the playoffs, they’ll be a very nasty team to deal with. For the Blues, they clear up some room for younger forwards to get more ice time while getting a draft pick for their trouble.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11