Feb 28, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Winchester through 57 games this year for the Blues has nine goals and five assists. He’s also got 86 penalty minutes while averaging just over 10 minutes of ice time per game.
The Ducks have been unhappy with Maxim Lapierre since acquiring him from Montreal and Winchester’s toughness should fit the bill in Anaheim just fine. The Ducks move to get tougher and deeper along the forward lines is obvious and should they make the playoffs, they’ll be a very nasty team to deal with. For the Blues, they clear up some room for younger forwards to get more ice time while getting a draft pick for their trouble.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20