Feb 28, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Winchester through 57 games this year for the Blues has nine goals and five assists. He’s also got 86 penalty minutes while averaging just over 10 minutes of ice time per game.
The Ducks have been unhappy with Maxim Lapierre since acquiring him from Montreal and Winchester’s toughness should fit the bill in Anaheim just fine. The Ducks move to get tougher and deeper along the forward lines is obvious and should they make the playoffs, they’ll be a very nasty team to deal with. For the Blues, they clear up some room for younger forwards to get more ice time while getting a draft pick for their trouble.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 78
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32