Feb 28, 2011, 2:50 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When Dwayne Roloson was stuck with the New York Islanders, he was putting up decent numbers save for one category: wins. Now it seems like his stats might suffer (91.6 save percentage down to 90.6), but he’s getting those wins at a much higher rate. In fact, in 19 games with Tampa Bay, he already has twice as many wins (12 to 6) as he had in 20 with the Isles.
The aging goalie seems to be on a feast or famine regimen of good games and bad ones. Lately he’s been a beast, only allowing two goals on 43 shots in his last two starts. Roloson and the Lightning also boast a three-game winning streak.
If the playoffs began today, it would be Lightning (currently second) vs. the Rangers (currently seventh). While I think Tampa Bay might be the high seed most likely to lose a first round series, it wouldn’t likely come against New York, at least if the regular season is a solid indicator. That’s because the Lightning swept the two teams’ season series.
Anyway, it might not be the most spectacular stop ever, but Roloson’s saved preserved the Lightning’s late lead to win another game against their former coach.
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 4
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 13
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)