Feb 28, 2011, 2:50 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When Dwayne Roloson was stuck with the New York Islanders, he was putting up decent numbers save for one category: wins. Now it seems like his stats might suffer (91.6 save percentage down to 90.6), but he’s getting those wins at a much higher rate. In fact, in 19 games with Tampa Bay, he already has twice as many wins (12 to 6) as he had in 20 with the Isles.
The aging goalie seems to be on a feast or famine regimen of good games and bad ones. Lately he’s been a beast, only allowing two goals on 43 shots in his last two starts. Roloson and the Lightning also boast a three-game winning streak.
If the playoffs began today, it would be Lightning (currently second) vs. the Rangers (currently seventh). While I think Tampa Bay might be the high seed most likely to lose a first round series, it wouldn’t likely come against New York, at least if the regular season is a solid indicator. That’s because the Lightning swept the two teams’ season series.
Anyway, it might not be the most spectacular stop ever, but Roloson’s saved preserved the Lightning’s late lead to win another game against their former coach.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)