Feb 28, 2011, 2:14 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
People love to beat up on Phil Kessel, as he’s taken the torch from Dustin Penner as the go-to guy for restricted free agent negotiations gone wrong (in the form of lost draft picks). It doesn’t help that he’s reluctant to play defense, either.
But let’s not forget the fact that he’s a legitimate goal scoring talent, though. He showed that on this play, as he took an ill-fated Evander Kane drop pass all the way down the ice, lobotomized the Atlanta Thrashers defense and then scored on his own rebound for the February 27th Goal of the Night.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 24
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 65
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (65)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)