Feb 28, 2011, 2:14 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
People love to beat up on Phil Kessel, as he’s taken the torch from Dustin Penner as the go-to guy for restricted free agent negotiations gone wrong (in the form of lost draft picks). It doesn’t help that he’s reluctant to play defense, either.
But let’s not forget the fact that he’s a legitimate goal scoring talent, though. He showed that on this play, as he took an ill-fated Evander Kane drop pass all the way down the ice, lobotomized the Atlanta Thrashers defense and then scored on his own rebound for the February 27th Goal of the Night.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8