Feb 28, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Flames GM Jay Feaster dug into his old Rolodex when he was GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning and brought back a name from his past in Fredrik Modin. The Flames acquired Modin from Atlanta for a seventh round pick.
Modin is a few years removed from his best seasons with Tampa Bay and Columbus, but he can still be a solid contributor for depth purposes. He’s not a guy that will blow the doors down in Calgary with his offensive output but he’s still got his big slap shot and he’ll be able to give the Flames an option off the bench should they need more of a veteran’s touch.
With how Calgary has performed of late, getting them depth for a potential run in the playoffs is important and for Feaster, getting a guy he knows well and feels comfortable just makes sense.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)