Feb 28, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Flames GM Jay Feaster dug into his old Rolodex when he was GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning and brought back a name from his past in Fredrik Modin. The Flames acquired Modin from Atlanta for a seventh round pick.
Modin is a few years removed from his best seasons with Tampa Bay and Columbus, but he can still be a solid contributor for depth purposes. He’s not a guy that will blow the doors down in Calgary with his offensive output but he’s still got his big slap shot and he’ll be able to give the Flames an option off the bench should they need more of a veteran’s touch.
With how Calgary has performed of late, getting them depth for a potential run in the playoffs is important and for Feaster, getting a guy he knows well and feels comfortable just makes sense.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 3
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 5
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 35
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)