Feb 28, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Flames GM Jay Feaster dug into his old Rolodex when he was GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning and brought back a name from his past in Fredrik Modin. The Flames acquired Modin from Atlanta for a seventh round pick.
Modin is a few years removed from his best seasons with Tampa Bay and Columbus, but he can still be a solid contributor for depth purposes. He’s not a guy that will blow the doors down in Calgary with his offensive output but he’s still got his big slap shot and he’ll be able to give the Flames an option off the bench should they need more of a veteran’s touch.
With how Calgary has performed of late, getting them depth for a potential run in the playoffs is important and for Feaster, getting a guy he knows well and feels comfortable just makes sense.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 1
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 3
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)