Feb 28, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
While the Blackhawks were acquiring Chris Campoli to help fill out their defense today, they were dealing with the harsh news that defenseman Jordan Hendry would be out for the remainder of the season and playoffs. Hendry tore the ACL in his left knee and he’ll need to get it operated on putting his recovery and rehab time at six months.
Hendry had been working as the Blackhawks fifth or sixth defenseman at times this year and often ending up paired with youngster Nick Leddy. With Hendry out and now Campoli coming in, the Hawks defense shapes up to be a bit better now. Of course, if injuries strike back again the Hawks will have to hope veteran Jassen Cullimore is in shape to play in a pinch. 6’8″ thumper John Scott will also figure into the mix to help out when needed.
The injury isn’t a back breaker for Chicago but their depth is hampered just a bit more as an injury to anyone in their top six really puts the pressure on guys they aren’t overly excited to have start for them.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)