Feb 28, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
While the Blackhawks were acquiring Chris Campoli to help fill out their defense today, they were dealing with the harsh news that defenseman Jordan Hendry would be out for the remainder of the season and playoffs. Hendry tore the ACL in his left knee and he’ll need to get it operated on putting his recovery and rehab time at six months.
Hendry had been working as the Blackhawks fifth or sixth defenseman at times this year and often ending up paired with youngster Nick Leddy. With Hendry out and now Campoli coming in, the Hawks defense shapes up to be a bit better now. Of course, if injuries strike back again the Hawks will have to hope veteran Jassen Cullimore is in shape to play in a pinch. 6’8″ thumper John Scott will also figure into the mix to help out when needed.
The injury isn’t a back breaker for Chicago but their depth is hampered just a bit more as an injury to anyone in their top six really puts the pressure on guys they aren’t overly excited to have start for them.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18