Feb 28, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
While the Blackhawks were acquiring Chris Campoli to help fill out their defense today, they were dealing with the harsh news that defenseman Jordan Hendry would be out for the remainder of the season and playoffs. Hendry tore the ACL in his left knee and he’ll need to get it operated on putting his recovery and rehab time at six months.
Hendry had been working as the Blackhawks fifth or sixth defenseman at times this year and often ending up paired with youngster Nick Leddy. With Hendry out and now Campoli coming in, the Hawks defense shapes up to be a bit better now. Of course, if injuries strike back again the Hawks will have to hope veteran Jassen Cullimore is in shape to play in a pinch. 6’8″ thumper John Scott will also figure into the mix to help out when needed.
The injury isn’t a back breaker for Chicago but their depth is hampered just a bit more as an injury to anyone in their top six really puts the pressure on guys they aren’t overly excited to have start for them.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)