Feb 28, 2011, 6:31 PM EST
While the Blackhawks were acquiring Chris Campoli to help fill out their defense today, they were dealing with the harsh news that defenseman Jordan Hendry would be out for the remainder of the season and playoffs. Hendry tore the ACL in his left knee and he’ll need to get it operated on putting his recovery and rehab time at six months.
Hendry had been working as the Blackhawks fifth or sixth defenseman at times this year and often ending up paired with youngster Nick Leddy. With Hendry out and now Campoli coming in, the Hawks defense shapes up to be a bit better now. Of course, if injuries strike back again the Hawks will have to hope veteran Jassen Cullimore is in shape to play in a pinch. 6’8″ thumper John Scott will also figure into the mix to help out when needed.
The injury isn’t a back breaker for Chicago but their depth is hampered just a bit more as an injury to anyone in their top six really puts the pressure on guys they aren’t overly excited to have start for them.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 16
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)