Feb 28, 2011, 10:57 AM EST
Dudley didn’t want to damage the Thrashers’ future for the present, so unless Niclas Bergfors changes his downward trajectory, moving Bergfors and Patrick Rissmiller won’t harm their long-term outlook. He also had to part with a fifth rounder, though.
Dvorak is a player whose season totals tend to fall in the mid-30s the last few seasons, although he did peak at 67 points way back in the 2000-01 season. Bergfors might actually have a higher (purely offensive) ceiling, as he already has 29 points and is 10 years younger than Dvorak at 23-years-old.
Rissmiller is a marginal player, but one might wonder if parting with him hurt Dudley a bit too, purely because Rissmiller is listed at 6’4″ and 220+ lbs.
This is far from a splashy deal, but that seems to be the M.O. for Dudley, at least during this deadline. As far as winners and losers, I might have to lean slightly toward Panthers GM Dale Tallon, since he turned something into almost nothing.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 17
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)