Feb 28, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT
Dudley didn’t want to damage the Thrashers’ future for the present, so unless Niclas Bergfors changes his downward trajectory, moving Bergfors and Patrick Rissmiller won’t harm their long-term outlook. He also had to part with a fifth rounder, though.
Dvorak is a player whose season totals tend to fall in the mid-30s the last few seasons, although he did peak at 67 points way back in the 2000-01 season. Bergfors might actually have a higher (purely offensive) ceiling, as he already has 29 points and is 10 years younger than Dvorak at 23-years-old.
Rissmiller is a marginal player, but one might wonder if parting with him hurt Dudley a bit too, purely because Rissmiller is listed at 6’4″ and 220+ lbs.
This is far from a splashy deal, but that seems to be the M.O. for Dudley, at least during this deadline. As far as winners and losers, I might have to lean slightly toward Panthers GM Dale Tallon, since he turned something into almost nothing.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)