Feb 28, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT
Dudley didn’t want to damage the Thrashers’ future for the present, so unless Niclas Bergfors changes his downward trajectory, moving Bergfors and Patrick Rissmiller won’t harm their long-term outlook. He also had to part with a fifth rounder, though.
Dvorak is a player whose season totals tend to fall in the mid-30s the last few seasons, although he did peak at 67 points way back in the 2000-01 season. Bergfors might actually have a higher (purely offensive) ceiling, as he already has 29 points and is 10 years younger than Dvorak at 23-years-old.
Rissmiller is a marginal player, but one might wonder if parting with him hurt Dudley a bit too, purely because Rissmiller is listed at 6’4″ and 220+ lbs.
This is far from a splashy deal, but that seems to be the M.O. for Dudley, at least during this deadline. As far as winners and losers, I might have to lean slightly toward Panthers GM Dale Tallon, since he turned something into almost nothing.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 5
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 8
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 57
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination