Feb 28, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT
Dudley didn’t want to damage the Thrashers’ future for the present, so unless Niclas Bergfors changes his downward trajectory, moving Bergfors and Patrick Rissmiller won’t harm their long-term outlook. He also had to part with a fifth rounder, though.
Dvorak is a player whose season totals tend to fall in the mid-30s the last few seasons, although he did peak at 67 points way back in the 2000-01 season. Bergfors might actually have a higher (purely offensive) ceiling, as he already has 29 points and is 10 years younger than Dvorak at 23-years-old.
Rissmiller is a marginal player, but one might wonder if parting with him hurt Dudley a bit too, purely because Rissmiller is listed at 6’4″ and 220+ lbs.
This is far from a splashy deal, but that seems to be the M.O. for Dudley, at least during this deadline. As far as winners and losers, I might have to lean slightly toward Panthers GM Dale Tallon, since he turned something into almost nothing.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (40)