Feb 27, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It may have been a down night for Carolina as they lost a tough game to Montreal 4-3. The loss didn’t help them extend their advantage on those chasing them for the eighth seed but one thing is for sure: When Cam Ward is locked in, he’s pretty outstanding to watch.
Ward showed off his abilities moments after Lars Eller scored to give Montreal a 2-1 lead. Off the face off, Benoit Pouliot streaked down the left wing letting a shot go that Ward made the stop on. Problem there was the huge rebound that went right to Tom Pyatt who looked to dunk it home only to be thwarted by Ward’s tremendous kick save.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 1
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 47
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 39
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)