Feb 26, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
For the players who were claimed today, click here.
First, let’s get to the players who were placed on waivers: Goalies highlighted the list, as Ty Conklin (St. Louis), Curtis McElhinney (Tampa Bay) and Pascal Leclaire (Ottawa) were placed on waivers. Other players who were waived include New York Islanders Nathan Lawson and Rob Schremp, Washington Capitals enforcer D.J. King, Brett Carson (Carolina), Tim Stapleton (Atlanta) and Jason Jaffray (Anaheim). (According to two Tweets by Bob McKenzie.)
Notes: It’s not surprising to see the goalie moves, except Conklin. It wouldn’t be shocking if someone picked up the sturdy backup without having to move an asset. Is this a reaction to big Ben Bishop‘s shutout?
Next, here is a look at the players who cleared waivers: Kris Newbury (Rangers), Todd Ford (Washington) and Wade Belak (Nashville) cleared regular waivers while estranged Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Mike Commodore cleared re-entry waivers. (Also according to Bob McKenzie.)
Notes: It was a reasonable gamble for Columbus to place Commodore on re-entry waivers, but no one took the bait. So now what?
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)