Feb 26, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
For the players who were claimed today, click here.
First, let’s get to the players who were placed on waivers: Goalies highlighted the list, as Ty Conklin (St. Louis), Curtis McElhinney (Tampa Bay) and Pascal Leclaire (Ottawa) were placed on waivers. Other players who were waived include New York Islanders Nathan Lawson and Rob Schremp, Washington Capitals enforcer D.J. King, Brett Carson (Carolina), Tim Stapleton (Atlanta) and Jason Jaffray (Anaheim). (According to two Tweets by Bob McKenzie.)
Notes: It’s not surprising to see the goalie moves, except Conklin. It wouldn’t be shocking if someone picked up the sturdy backup without having to move an asset. Is this a reaction to big Ben Bishop‘s shutout?
Next, here is a look at the players who cleared waivers: Kris Newbury (Rangers), Todd Ford (Washington) and Wade Belak (Nashville) cleared regular waivers while estranged Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Mike Commodore cleared re-entry waivers. (Also according to Bob McKenzie.)
Notes: It was a reasonable gamble for Columbus to place Commodore on re-entry waivers, but no one took the bait. So now what?
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)