Feb 26, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
For the players who were claimed today, click here.
First, let’s get to the players who were placed on waivers: Goalies highlighted the list, as Ty Conklin (St. Louis), Curtis McElhinney (Tampa Bay) and Pascal Leclaire (Ottawa) were placed on waivers. Other players who were waived include New York Islanders Nathan Lawson and Rob Schremp, Washington Capitals enforcer D.J. King, Brett Carson (Carolina), Tim Stapleton (Atlanta) and Jason Jaffray (Anaheim). (According to two Tweets by Bob McKenzie.)
Notes: It’s not surprising to see the goalie moves, except Conklin. It wouldn’t be shocking if someone picked up the sturdy backup without having to move an asset. Is this a reaction to big Ben Bishop‘s shutout?
Next, here is a look at the players who cleared waivers: Kris Newbury (Rangers), Todd Ford (Washington) and Wade Belak (Nashville) cleared regular waivers while estranged Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Mike Commodore cleared re-entry waivers. (Also according to Bob McKenzie.)
Notes: It was a reasonable gamble for Columbus to place Commodore on re-entry waivers, but no one took the bait. So now what?
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 8
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 36
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 98
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)