Feb 26, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It’s not that strange to have a defenseman involved in the Save of the Night awards here at Pro Hockey Talk. It’s even less unusual to see a goalie get the award, obviously.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but this might be the first time in which a goalie and a defenseman combined forces to earn the award. Here it is, though, as defenseman Mark Giordano and goalie Miikka Kiprusoff of the Calgary Flames kept the San Jose Sharks off the board in this frantic series of events.
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 1
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 38
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 54
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)