Feb 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Friday was an odd day for players who were on waivers at some point in the last few weeks. The Florida Panthers waived forward Steve Bernier on Thursday only to have him score a shootout-winning goal yesterday. While it didn’t happen on Friday, Michael Grabner has been one of the league’s stunning success stories after bouncing around the league the last year or so.
The Calgary Flames placed Niklas Hagman on waivers a few days ago largely based on salary cap-related reasons, but if they didn’t bring him back, we would have missed out on an astounding goal. Check it out below:
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21