Feb 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Friday was an odd day for players who were on waivers at some point in the last few weeks. The Florida Panthers waived forward Steve Bernier on Thursday only to have him score a shootout-winning goal yesterday. While it didn’t happen on Friday, Michael Grabner has been one of the league’s stunning success stories after bouncing around the league the last year or so.
The Calgary Flames placed Niklas Hagman on waivers a few days ago largely based on salary cap-related reasons, but if they didn’t bring him back, we would have missed out on an astounding goal. Check it out below:
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46