Feb 25, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
You’d think it might start getting old showing off ridiculous saves by Minnesota’s Niklas Backstrom but it doesn’t. Last night during Minnesota’s 4-2 loss to Los Angeles, Backstrom was back to his old tricks once again sprawling out and going wild in order to make a stop.
This time around, the Kings Justin Williams was the victim. While it wasn’t as much of a punch in the gut the way his stop on Detroit’s Dan Cleary was in overtime last Sunday, it still left Williams shaking his head wondering just how Backstrom was able to deny him. Gaze upon the wonder that is a diving glove save by Niklas Backstrom and see for yourself.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6