Feb 25, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
You’d think it might start getting old showing off ridiculous saves by Minnesota’s Niklas Backstrom but it doesn’t. Last night during Minnesota’s 4-2 loss to Los Angeles, Backstrom was back to his old tricks once again sprawling out and going wild in order to make a stop.
This time around, the Kings Justin Williams was the victim. While it wasn’t as much of a punch in the gut the way his stop on Detroit’s Dan Cleary was in overtime last Sunday, it still left Williams shaking his head wondering just how Backstrom was able to deny him. Gaze upon the wonder that is a diving glove save by Niklas Backstrom and see for yourself.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)