Feb 25, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
To better prepare you for the trade deadline on Monday, we have to show you that not every trade made is a blockbuster filled with huge names and even bigger implications for everyone involved. Nashville sent defenseman Alexander Sulzer to Florida for a conditional seventh round pick in 2012.
Sulzer this season has played in 31 games this year and has a goal and three assists and with the call up of Jonathon Blum he was made expendable. At 26 years-old Sulzer’s still young but not quite a prospect which makes him a perfect fit for the Florida Panthers. The Panthers have been cycling a host of guys in and out of their sixth defense spot this year and Sulzer will be able to step right in and play over the likes of Joe Callahan and Keaton Ellerby.
In other Predators news, they’ve put forward Steve Sullivan on injured reserve with “recurring groin problems.” That sounds rather unpleasant. The Preds have been dealing without Sullivan more often than not this year so having to go without him again is something that, while it stinks, is something they’re used to.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight vs. B’s 0
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 20
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)