Feb 25, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
To better prepare you for the trade deadline on Monday, we have to show you that not every trade made is a blockbuster filled with huge names and even bigger implications for everyone involved. Nashville sent defenseman Alexander Sulzer to Florida for a conditional seventh round pick in 2012.
Sulzer this season has played in 31 games this year and has a goal and three assists and with the call up of Jonathon Blum he was made expendable. At 26 years-old Sulzer’s still young but not quite a prospect which makes him a perfect fit for the Florida Panthers. The Panthers have been cycling a host of guys in and out of their sixth defense spot this year and Sulzer will be able to step right in and play over the likes of Joe Callahan and Keaton Ellerby.
In other Predators news, they’ve put forward Steve Sullivan on injured reserve with “recurring groin problems.” That sounds rather unpleasant. The Preds have been dealing without Sullivan more often than not this year so having to go without him again is something that, while it stinks, is something they’re used to.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 61
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)