Feb 25, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
To better prepare you for the trade deadline on Monday, we have to show you that not every trade made is a blockbuster filled with huge names and even bigger implications for everyone involved. Nashville sent defenseman Alexander Sulzer to Florida for a conditional seventh round pick in 2012.
Sulzer this season has played in 31 games this year and has a goal and three assists and with the call up of Jonathon Blum he was made expendable. At 26 years-old Sulzer’s still young but not quite a prospect which makes him a perfect fit for the Florida Panthers. The Panthers have been cycling a host of guys in and out of their sixth defense spot this year and Sulzer will be able to step right in and play over the likes of Joe Callahan and Keaton Ellerby.
In other Predators news, they’ve put forward Steve Sullivan on injured reserve with “recurring groin problems.” That sounds rather unpleasant. The Preds have been dealing without Sullivan more often than not this year so having to go without him again is something that, while it stinks, is something they’re used to.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)