Feb 25, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
To better prepare you for the trade deadline on Monday, we have to show you that not every trade made is a blockbuster filled with huge names and even bigger implications for everyone involved. Nashville sent defenseman Alexander Sulzer to Florida for a conditional seventh round pick in 2012.
Sulzer this season has played in 31 games this year and has a goal and three assists and with the call up of Jonathon Blum he was made expendable. At 26 years-old Sulzer’s still young but not quite a prospect which makes him a perfect fit for the Florida Panthers. The Panthers have been cycling a host of guys in and out of their sixth defense spot this year and Sulzer will be able to step right in and play over the likes of Joe Callahan and Keaton Ellerby.
In other Predators news, they’ve put forward Steve Sullivan on injured reserve with “recurring groin problems.” That sounds rather unpleasant. The Preds have been dealing without Sullivan more often than not this year so having to go without him again is something that, while it stinks, is something they’re used to.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56