Feb 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Matt Martin might not have the best reputation around the league right now. For all intents and purposes he should probably still be sitting down thanks to his unprovoked attack on Pittsburgh’s Maxime Talbot a couple weeks ago. But he’s not sitting and instead he’s creating highlight goals in crucial moments.
His gloved down catch-and-shoot to beat Sergei Bobrovsky with less than 30 seconds to play in the third period to tie the game is one such instance. For Martin it was his second goal of the game. While the Islanders went on to lose in overtime, Martin’s hand-eye coordination was good enough for us to make it the goal of the night.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 30
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54