Feb 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Matt Martin might not have the best reputation around the league right now. For all intents and purposes he should probably still be sitting down thanks to his unprovoked attack on Pittsburgh’s Maxime Talbot a couple weeks ago. But he’s not sitting and instead he’s creating highlight goals in crucial moments.
His gloved down catch-and-shoot to beat Sergei Bobrovsky with less than 30 seconds to play in the third period to tie the game is one such instance. For Martin it was his second goal of the game. While the Islanders went on to lose in overtime, Martin’s hand-eye coordination was good enough for us to make it the goal of the night.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 13
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28