Feb 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Matt Martin might not have the best reputation around the league right now. For all intents and purposes he should probably still be sitting down thanks to his unprovoked attack on Pittsburgh’s Maxime Talbot a couple weeks ago. But he’s not sitting and instead he’s creating highlight goals in crucial moments.
His gloved down catch-and-shoot to beat Sergei Bobrovsky with less than 30 seconds to play in the third period to tie the game is one such instance. For Martin it was his second goal of the game. While the Islanders went on to lose in overtime, Martin’s hand-eye coordination was good enough for us to make it the goal of the night.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63