Feb 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Matt Martin might not have the best reputation around the league right now. For all intents and purposes he should probably still be sitting down thanks to his unprovoked attack on Pittsburgh’s Maxime Talbot a couple weeks ago. But he’s not sitting and instead he’s creating highlight goals in crucial moments.
His gloved down catch-and-shoot to beat Sergei Bobrovsky with less than 30 seconds to play in the third period to tie the game is one such instance. For Martin it was his second goal of the game. While the Islanders went on to lose in overtime, Martin’s hand-eye coordination was good enough for us to make it the goal of the night.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)