Feb 24, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have the NHL on NBC’s Mike Milbury join us with The Expert’s Guide and a look ahead at the big games coming up on the weekend.
This weekend we don’t have an NBC Game of the Week to show off for you, but there’s still plenty of great action coming up. Mike Milbury talks about one of the marquee matchups of the weekend with Tiffany Simons and says that the Bruins visiting Vancouver very well might be a Stanley Cup final preview.
On Sunday, we’ll see Tampa Bay take on the New York Rangers as the Rangers look to start winning to improve their playoff standing while the Lightning look to stay on top of the Southeast Division ahead of the Capitals.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)