Feb 23, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Since Friday, we’ve seen a flurry of action on the trade front. Accordingly, a fair amount of players are making their debuts in their new jerseys—some going well, some not so much. Here’s a quick recap of all the players who have been traded since Friday and how they’ve made their first impressions.
It’s worth noting that only the Lightning, Bruins, and Senators are playing over .500 hockey since making their respective trades. Take that for what it’s worth, but you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
The Ottawa Senators and Colorado Avalanche swapped goaltenders as Craig Anderson joined the Sens and Brian Elliott was shipped to Colorado.
Craig Anderson: 2-0, .988 save percentage, .48 GAA, 1 shutout
Brian Elliott: Has not appeared in a game for the Avs.
In separate trades on Friday, Boston acquired Tomas Kaberle, Rich Peverley, and Boris Valabik. In exchange, they shipped Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart to the Atlanta Thrashers; while also shipping draft picks and prospect Joe Colborne to the Maple Leafs.
Tomas Kaberle: Has not scored, 0 rating (Bruins: 2-0)
Rich Peverley: 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, 0 rating (Bruins 2-0)
Boris Valabik: Has not appeared in a game for the Bruins.
Blake Wheeler: 1 assist, 0 rating (Thrashers: 0-2)
Mark Stuart: 0 points, -1 rating, 2 fights (Thrashers: 0-2)
The Carolina Hurricanes and San Jose Sharks had a couple of trades that resulted in Ian White heading to San Jose in exchange for Derek Joslin and a 2nd round pick in next year’s draft.
Derek Joslin: 0 points (Hurricanes: 0-1)
Ian White: 1 assist, +1 rating (Sharks: 3-0)
Tampa Bay addressed their need on defense by acquiring former Blues captain Eric Brewer in exchange for prospect Brock Beukeboom and a 3rd round pick.
Eric Brewer: 0 points, +3 rating (Lightning: 1-0-1)
In the middle of the night, the Avalanche and Blues put together the blockbuster of the season (thus far). Former 1st overall pick Erik Johnson and Jay McClement (plus a first rounder) went to Colorado in exchange for power-forward Chris Stewart, young defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk, and a conditional 2nd rounder.
Erik Johnson: 1 goal, -1 rating (Avs: 1-1)
Jay McClement: 0 points, -1 rating (Avs: 1-1)
Kevin Shattenkirk: 2 assists, 0 rating (Blues: 1-2)
Chris Stewart: 4 goals, -2 rating (Blues: 1-2)
James Neal: +1 rating (Pens: 0-0-1)
Matt Niskanen: 0 points, 2 PIM (Pens: 0-0-1)
Alex Goligoski: 0 points, 4 PIM (Stars: 0-1)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)