Feb 23, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Since Friday, we’ve seen a flurry of action on the trade front. Accordingly, a fair amount of players are making their debuts in their new jerseys—some going well, some not so much. Here’s a quick recap of all the players who have been traded since Friday and how they’ve made their first impressions.
It’s worth noting that only the Lightning, Bruins, and Senators are playing over .500 hockey since making their respective trades. Take that for what it’s worth, but you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
The Ottawa Senators and Colorado Avalanche swapped goaltenders as Craig Anderson joined the Sens and Brian Elliott was shipped to Colorado.
Craig Anderson: 2-0, .988 save percentage, .48 GAA, 1 shutout
Brian Elliott: Has not appeared in a game for the Avs.
In separate trades on Friday, Boston acquired Tomas Kaberle, Rich Peverley, and Boris Valabik. In exchange, they shipped Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart to the Atlanta Thrashers; while also shipping draft picks and prospect Joe Colborne to the Maple Leafs.
Tomas Kaberle: Has not scored, 0 rating (Bruins: 2-0)
Rich Peverley: 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, 0 rating (Bruins 2-0)
Boris Valabik: Has not appeared in a game for the Bruins.
Blake Wheeler: 1 assist, 0 rating (Thrashers: 0-2)
Mark Stuart: 0 points, -1 rating, 2 fights (Thrashers: 0-2)
The Carolina Hurricanes and San Jose Sharks had a couple of trades that resulted in Ian White heading to San Jose in exchange for Derek Joslin and a 2nd round pick in next year’s draft.
Derek Joslin: 0 points (Hurricanes: 0-1)
Ian White: 1 assist, +1 rating (Sharks: 3-0)
Tampa Bay addressed their need on defense by acquiring former Blues captain Eric Brewer in exchange for prospect Brock Beukeboom and a 3rd round pick.
Eric Brewer: 0 points, +3 rating (Lightning: 1-0-1)
In the middle of the night, the Avalanche and Blues put together the blockbuster of the season (thus far). Former 1st overall pick Erik Johnson and Jay McClement (plus a first rounder) went to Colorado in exchange for power-forward Chris Stewart, young defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk, and a conditional 2nd rounder.
Erik Johnson: 1 goal, -1 rating (Avs: 1-1)
Jay McClement: 0 points, -1 rating (Avs: 1-1)
Kevin Shattenkirk: 2 assists, 0 rating (Blues: 1-2)
Chris Stewart: 4 goals, -2 rating (Blues: 1-2)
James Neal: +1 rating (Pens: 0-0-1)
Matt Niskanen: 0 points, 2 PIM (Pens: 0-0-1)
Alex Goligoski: 0 points, 4 PIM (Stars: 0-1)
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)