Feb 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Our goal and save of the night feature is getting a bit more popular with you guys to the point where we start getting e-mails and tweets telling us to keep our eyes out for some of them. Last night, Pierre-Marc Bouchard of the Wild made the Internet blow up with heads-up messages to us about how we didn’t even need to look anywhere further than Bouchard’s spinorama goal against Edmonton.
Sometimes the yells from the masses can be wrong about what the best is (Oh, hi American Idol) but this is not one of those. With the Wild up 3-1 in the third period, Bouchard broke in on Nikolai Khabibulin, slammed on the breaks, pulled off the spin-o-rama and virtually put Khabibulin on a poster.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)