Feb 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Our goal and save of the night feature is getting a bit more popular with you guys to the point where we start getting e-mails and tweets telling us to keep our eyes out for some of them. Last night, Pierre-Marc Bouchard of the Wild made the Internet blow up with heads-up messages to us about how we didn’t even need to look anywhere further than Bouchard’s spinorama goal against Edmonton.
Sometimes the yells from the masses can be wrong about what the best is (Oh, hi American Idol) but this is not one of those. With the Wild up 3-1 in the third period, Bouchard broke in on Nikolai Khabibulin, slammed on the breaks, pulled off the spin-o-rama and virtually put Khabibulin on a poster.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4