Feb 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Our goal and save of the night feature is getting a bit more popular with you guys to the point where we start getting e-mails and tweets telling us to keep our eyes out for some of them. Last night, Pierre-Marc Bouchard of the Wild made the Internet blow up with heads-up messages to us about how we didn’t even need to look anywhere further than Bouchard’s spinorama goal against Edmonton.
Sometimes the yells from the masses can be wrong about what the best is (Oh, hi American Idol) but this is not one of those. With the Wild up 3-1 in the third period, Bouchard broke in on Nikolai Khabibulin, slammed on the breaks, pulled off the spin-o-rama and virtually put Khabibulin on a poster.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5