Feb 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Our goal and save of the night feature is getting a bit more popular with you guys to the point where we start getting e-mails and tweets telling us to keep our eyes out for some of them. Last night, Pierre-Marc Bouchard of the Wild made the Internet blow up with heads-up messages to us about how we didn’t even need to look anywhere further than Bouchard’s spinorama goal against Edmonton.
Sometimes the yells from the masses can be wrong about what the best is (Oh, hi American Idol) but this is not one of those. With the Wild up 3-1 in the third period, Bouchard broke in on Nikolai Khabibulin, slammed on the breaks, pulled off the spin-o-rama and virtually put Khabibulin on a poster.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40