Feb 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Our goal and save of the night feature is getting a bit more popular with you guys to the point where we start getting e-mails and tweets telling us to keep our eyes out for some of them. Last night, Pierre-Marc Bouchard of the Wild made the Internet blow up with heads-up messages to us about how we didn’t even need to look anywhere further than Bouchard’s spinorama goal against Edmonton.
Sometimes the yells from the masses can be wrong about what the best is (Oh, hi American Idol) but this is not one of those. With the Wild up 3-1 in the third period, Bouchard broke in on Nikolai Khabibulin, slammed on the breaks, pulled off the spin-o-rama and virtually put Khabibulin on a poster.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)