Feb 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In an odd coincidence, the two candidates for the Save of the Night from February 22nd happened to make two great stops against the same two forwards. Runner-up Marc-Andre Fleury couldn’t keep Alex Ovechkin off the score sheet all night long (Ovi scored the game’s only tally), but he did make a great breakaway stop and a flashy glove save to limit the Russian star.
Keeping in tune with the actual game, Michal Neuvirth was just a little bit better, though. He earned a 39-save shutout in his second consecutive goose egg against the Penguins, including these two semi-breakaway stops against interim top center Jordan Staal.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 31
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)