Feb 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
As impressive (and important) as Alex Ovechkin‘s booming goal was, it just couldn’t top Josh Bailey’s bit of creative genius for the February 21 Goal of the Night. Bailey showed his cleverness and anticipatory ability when he navigated around Bryan Allen‘s diving poke check attempt and eventually fired the puck past Tomas Vokoun.
(Want a sobering thought, by the way? Bailey and the quietly hot New York Islanders are only one point behind the much-publicized New Jersey Devils right now. Odd times.)
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6