Feb 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
As impressive (and important) as Alex Ovechkin‘s booming goal was, it just couldn’t top Josh Bailey’s bit of creative genius for the February 21 Goal of the Night. Bailey showed his cleverness and anticipatory ability when he navigated around Bryan Allen‘s diving poke check attempt and eventually fired the puck past Tomas Vokoun.
(Want a sobering thought, by the way? Bailey and the quietly hot New York Islanders are only one point behind the much-publicized New Jersey Devils right now. Odd times.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5