Feb 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
As impressive (and important) as Alex Ovechkin‘s booming goal was, it just couldn’t top Josh Bailey’s bit of creative genius for the February 21 Goal of the Night. Bailey showed his cleverness and anticipatory ability when he navigated around Bryan Allen‘s diving poke check attempt and eventually fired the puck past Tomas Vokoun.
(Want a sobering thought, by the way? Bailey and the quietly hot New York Islanders are only one point behind the much-publicized New Jersey Devils right now. Odd times.)
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18