Feb 22, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There were two fairly similar (and truly outstanding) desperation glove saves in which goalies were sprawling on the ice and seemed doomed to allow a goal. One happened during Hockey Day in America when Niklas Backstrom somehow robbed Danny Cleary in a truly impressive moment.
The other came first, as Cam Ward made an improbable save in his own right. Check out the poll results below.
Watch the video clip of Ward’s save at the bottom of this post.
(Photo credit for main image of Cam Ward: Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5