Feb 22, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There were two fairly similar (and truly outstanding) desperation glove saves in which goalies were sprawling on the ice and seemed doomed to allow a goal. One happened during Hockey Day in America when Niklas Backstrom somehow robbed Danny Cleary in a truly impressive moment.
The other came first, as Cam Ward made an improbable save in his own right. Check out the poll results below.
Watch the video clip of Ward’s save at the bottom of this post.
(Photo credit for main image of Cam Ward: Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images.)
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 0
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 24
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 39
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 30
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41